authentic experience

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

intellectual

My sex drive has definitely decreased. It might be the heat, the birth control pills, just a shift in focus? Before, I had been researching sex blogs a lot, and I don't know if the researching was filling me with lust, or the lust was driving me to research. At any rate, things have died down, and we're more like every-other-day. Which is fine.

There's a quote I've always liked:

An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.
--Aldous Huxley

Is that quote offensive? Definitely provocative. Definitely simplistic.

I always thought of myself as intellectual--someone who liked reading more than TV, got some education.... Then, when I developed a libido again, I felt deep in my bones that nothing is more important than sex, nothing could be, and my entire life existed for fucking my husband.

Now that I'm calmer again, I see things with more detachment--I feel more moderate. But one day maybe things will shift again.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My libido always perks up during placebo week. I love placebo week. It almost makes up for not ovulating. (Am I the only one who will jump almost anyone when I'm ovulating?)

 
At Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger greenlacewing said...

That's what nature wants you to do! (Jump people when you're ovulating.) So you will give birth to more nature!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home