authentic experience

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

BDSM

Researching sex blogs, most I see are BDSM, and I'm wondering why. Is it that conscious sexuality naturally progresses to a BDSM extreme? Is it that BDSM people are just more likely to want to blog about sex, or have more to say, since there's more variation? I'm wondering. And since I'm not BDSM, I'm wondering how I fit in.

Depending on how you define it, I've never done anything "kinky." In fact, my negative sexual memories (the ones of pressure, coersion, and downright molestation) involve the more kinky activities. So there's a natural aversion there.

I'm 29 years old and have plenty of life in me to try everything that crosses my mind. And my husband is happy that I have a sex drive and a healthy desire to learn. Maybe we'll head in that direction. We've talked about anal sex and feel curious about it. All in good time?

But BDSM I associate with some things that scare me emotionally, like polyamory and other breaches of safe, commonplace boundries. So it's a difficult idea. Like anything else, I think I would proceed cautiously and just see, and be ecclectic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home